Wednesday, March 27, 2013

The Leonardo


A couple of months ago, I went to visit the Leonardo Museam in Salt Lake City.  Instead of just buying a one day ticket, my mom and I decided to get a membership, meaning that we can go whenever we want to!  One of my favorite exhibits I have seen is called Nature's Toolbox.  I really like this exhibit, because it combines a bunch of artists with different style from different places into one coherent exhibit.  Here are a few pictures that I took of the exhibit.

A video sculpture done by Katja Loher
I've heard of Katja Loher in the past, but never got to see any of her sculptures in person until this exhibit.  I was not disappointed.  The way her sculptures incorporate the video is really cool.  This particular video sculpture was made to look like a beehive.  I don't like bees, but I loved this sculpture!

Picture by  Nathan Cumming
This picture is really incredible.  The photo that I took of it does not give it justice!   It is a zoomed in picture of a purple flower, and the detail and quality is incredible!  The print is HUGE, and probably my favorite thing in the whole exhibit!

 As well as Nature's Toolbox, the Leonardo also has the biggest mummy exhibit in the world, and a ton of fun interactive activities!  I highly recommend that you go visit this museum next time you have a chance.  You won't be disappointed!



No comments:

Post a Comment