Friday, May 10, 2013

Feature Artist: Joy McManaman

So, I was sort of having a bloggers-block, so I thought I would wright about my AMAZING art teacher, Joy McManaman, and show you guys some of her work.  I am so lucky to get to work with her once a week, and have done countless projects with her.  Keep in mind that all paintings are courtesy of her website, http://www.joysartgallery.com/

Painted in Alta Ski Resort
This amazing painting done by Joy amazes me every time I see it.  Everything from the detail of the snow in the trees to the natural feel of the hazy cloudy sky I am taken aback.  Though the color scheme is not very varied, your eye doesn't get bored. 


Another snow painting done by Joy, and it doesn't disappoint.  The detail is impecable, and it looks even better in real life!


Another one of Joy's paintings painted in Alta, however in a completely different setting!  The composition of this emphasizes not only the front and center flowers, but also the side trees and the distant mountains.  



The last painting of hers that I chose is my favorite!  It is so bright and peaceful.  I didn't know that I painting could convey so much emotion.  Everything from the path to the water to the trees doesn't make the painting overwhelming.

I am so lucky to have such a talented teacher.  Remember, these are just a few of Joy's amazing portfolio, so be sure to check out her website!  

No comments:

Post a Comment