Thursday, May 16, 2013

Painting Recap; Teepee

If you have seen my post, Exploring Wet Mediums, then you have seen my painting of the two teepee's.  I did this one a while ago, and it is now hanging above my fireplace.  Somehow, a connection through my friend Claire, brought me to having the opportunity to sell another original painting, similar to my first, but still different.  Here is a picture of the first painting.
My First Teepee Painting
At first, I had trouble coming up with a way to paint teepees in a similar landscape, and having it end up completely different.   However, the further I went along, the more ideas I came up with.  Here is a picture of me working on the newer painting.  It looks almost identical to the first painting in this picture, but the final piece ended up looking a lot different.

One difference between the two paintings is the size.  The first teepee painting was 24" by 36", or two feet by three feet.  The second teepee painting was painted on a 36" by 48" canvas, or three feet by four feet.  That was one of my biggest paintings that I have done!

After this picture was taken, I decided to add a couple horses and some more variation in the grass.  Though in the pictures, the paintings look practically the same, in real life, there are different brush-strokes, tones and textures that make them different.


No comments:

Post a Comment