Friday, May 3, 2013

Feature Artist: Nagi Noda

I'll just admit it.  The artist I will be writing about has a very, very different style.  And I mean very.  It most likely won't appeal to everyone, and probably won't stick out to you as beautiful, but there is no doubt that this is a form of art.  
Image Courtesy of pondly.com
Now you can probably see what I mean.  I get frustrated putting my hair in a ponytail...  I can't imagine how much patience this artist must have to be able to sculpt these amazing pieces.  

Image Courtesy of pondly.com
This is my favorite animal piece of this artist.  The red color really shows the depth of the detail, and the loose but not tedious perfection of the shape gives the piece a natural look.



Image Courtesy of pondly.com
A literal take on the phrase "hair like a birds nest"
This is definitely my favorite piece.  The detail in the shape is impecable, and the way the sculpture frames the face of the model  pleases the eye.  Now you see what I mean about patience...

The artist Nagi Noda creates pieces like no others.  It's always hard to find artists who can create beyond the boundaries, and this artist has definitely colored outside of the lines.




No comments:

Post a Comment